Today we're laying bare our Multivitamin and Mineral!
Our Multivitamins and minerals help you maintain balance and dynamism all year round!
We give you the keys to better understand the benefits of this highly studied formula and its specificities!
What is a vitamin?
Vitamins are molecules (= precise chemical forms) which have all of the following characteristics:
- They are not synthesized by the body and must be provided externally (food, supplementation, or even injection in certain extreme cases).
- They act on target functions (one vitamin cannot replace another), their deficiency disrupts the proper functioning of the body, sometimes irreversibly when it is prolonged: this can affect growth, cell renewal or physiological functions .
- They act at very low doses (which is why we speak of micronutrients ).
- Each vitamin has an optimal intake range that must be respected (the recommended daily intakes - RDI - for the 'good average dose', and the DJM for the maximum dose not to be exceeded)). These optimal needs have been scientifically studied and there is consensus, with rare exceptions (vit B12 in particular).
Minerals: what role in the body?
Minerals have two main roles:
- The ' macro minerals ' (those present in large quantities: calcium, sodium, potassium, magnesium) participate directly in the constitution of bone tissues and are involved in numerous physiological processes (muscle contraction, intercellular transport, energy production).
- Mineral microelements have a more targeted role in certain functions (a bit like vitamins). Are present in our formula:
- Iodine, essential for the proper functioning of the thyroid and the synthesis of thyroid hormones.
- Selenium: associated with vitamin E, it is a powerful anti-oxidant also essential for the proper functioning of the immune system, liver and thyroid.
- Chromium is directly involved in the regulation of blood sugar levels.
- Molybdenum is involved in the production of numerous enzymes (physiological facilitators), particularly in the liver, it improves the absorption of iron.
Our Multivitamin: For whom? For what ?
The two questions we are asked most often:
“What will your Multivitamin and Mineral do for me? »
“How is it different from other products on the market? »
A goal for the entire Argalys Essentiels range: useful and effective for everyone
Our Multi provides a significant and rational base of positive vitamins and minerals for all consumers regardless of their consumption habits, age, or lifestyle.
- Age, stress, certain pathologies (diabetes, etc.), snacking food, the search for sporting performance, etc. are all factors and situations where complementary and often corrective contributions will prove useful.*
*We do not forget to point out that, apart from a few very specific cases, notably concerning vitamin B12 (vegans, diabetics treated with metformin), it is always possible to do 'without' supplements with a good balanced diet.
“Our solutions simply make it easier to maintain a good nutritional balance, in all circumstances. »
The formula in a few words
The formula is designed to:
- A daily nutritional balance (one capsule/day ) without risk of overdose or even kidney fatigue with a broad spectrum compensating for the main weaknesses of an imperfect or deficient diet, whatever the reasons.
A global response to the main deficiencies detected by scientists in the French or Western population. We notably used the conclusions of the studies: SU.VI.MAX, ESVITAF, Burgundy, Val de Marne.
These studies consistently observe that more than 30% of the population has intakes 30 to 50% lower than the RDI for: vitamins B1, B2, B6, C, D, E, K and magnesium.
- A targeted response for plant-based diets, structurally low in vitamin B12 and Iodine .
Security contributions for:
- Vitamin A: our life in front of screens puts a strain on our vision, vitamin A is not called Retinol for no reason: it contributes enormously to good eye function.
Selenium: the Selenium content of plants is extremely variable depending on where they are grown and it is impossible in practice to predict the quantity of dietary selenium in a given diet.
Its role is very important for immunity.
Note that a moderate excess has no negative consequences on physiology or antagonism with other micronutrients. The same approach prevailed for Chrome and Molybdenum.
A formula for daily use with an overall objective of better nutrition:
Our Multi formula is designed to be consumed every day for a better nutritional balance, in complete safety, without replacing the priority need to consume fruits and vegetables.
The reasons why the formula has “Neither Vitamin C nor Iron”
Vitamin C: essential in any 'standard' multivitamin formula...
We did not want our Multivitamins and Minerals to be a barrier (or an excuse!) to the consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables. In addition, there is no point in overconsuming Vitamin C since the excess quantity is eliminated through urine and therefore requires unnecessary kidney effort.
Iron: Supplementation needs are very specific (vegans, menstruation, etc.) and must be measured before any long-term treatment: an excess of iron is as harmful as a deficiency.
Professional advice is recommended in this case. Iron can also negatively interfere with the absorption of vitamin E and other minerals present in the formula .
Argalys Essentiels will offer an Iron formula from the 1st quarter of 2020 , for specific supplementation.
The formula cannot be 'Organic'
Our priority choice of effectiveness and useful vitamins and minerals, at a reasonable cost and with one capsule/day leads us to use active ingredients whose dose is precise and significant: for these reasons, AB certification is not possible (it requires more than 95% 'organic' ingredients in the final product)
- Minerals, by nature, cannot be “AB” because they are not products from agriculture and they represent more than 60% of the mass of each capsule.
- Plant extracts do not allow the quadruple challenge to be met: broad spectrum/significant dosage/reasonable cost/only one capsule.
Of course, we use natural ingredients (this is the case of vitamin D3 from lichen) when possible and compatible with the above objectives.
Our vitamins are also completely free of any possible trace of pesticides.
In summary :
Argalys Essentiels “Multivitamins” provides a set of useful and reasoned micronutrients to facilitate your daily nutritional balance with:
- Magnesium (marine origin)
- Vitamin B12 (dosage suitable for vegans and diabetics, without risk for other consumers, no Maximum Daily Dose defined for B12)
- Natural vitamin D3
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B3, B5, B6, B9, E, K1, and H (biotin)
- Essential trace elements: Iodine, Selenium, Chromium and Molybdenum
To discover our product, go here!
“Although natural and synthetic forms of Vitamin C are also bioavailable in humans, ingestion of vitamin C from food sources is preferable because it combines with the concomitant ingestion of a large number of other macros and microelements which will provide other health benefits. A number of epidemiological studies have shown that increased consumption of fruits and vegetables is associated with a reduced incidence of stroke and coronary heart disease. /… and other chronic illnesses..”
- Micronutrient and drug antagonisms – Swiss Medical Review https://www.revmed.ch/RMS/2012/RMS-344/Statut-en-vitamines-et-en-oligo-elements-impact-des-medicaments
- Metabolisms and antagonisms of minerals https://prmarchenry.blogspot.com/2015/02/absorption-des-mineraux.html
Copper sulfate in organic farming