Our hair lives a long time and is subjected to many repeated daily aggressions (pollution, sun, drying, etc.) that put it to a severe test.
We have therefore designed a unique formula, 100% vegan, rich in important nutrients for hair beauty and growth.????
This vegetal formula concentrates active ingredients of natural origin with Biotin extracted from Basil, Millet extracts, Brewer's yeast, as well as amino acids and zinc and selenium.
Take advantage of a 5% discount for 3 identical products purchased!
Free delivery from 60 € of purchase
Plant Biotin - 60 capsules
We have designed a complete, unique and natural formula to tone the hair and promote hair growth.
Biotin extracted from basil :
We have selected a vegetable biotin extracted from basil leaves (vitamin B8).
This vitamin contributes to the maintenance of a healthy skin.
In this formula, biotin is associated with millet, a cereal plant free of gluten. Its active ingredient, miliacin, has numerous properties for the beauty and health of the hair. It acts on the shine, the brightness and the growth of the hair.
Brewer's yeast is a micro-organism based on fungi. It is very rich in vitamins (from the B group) and also in minerals. Its presence in the formula will stimulate the synthesis of Keratin which is a protein present at 95% in the hair fiber.
Amino acids, Zinc and Selenium:
The presence of Methionine and Cystine, two sulfur amino acids, will stimulate the synthesis of Keratin, as well as eumelanin, a pigment present in the hair.
Zinc has a direct action on the maintenance of hair and Selenium has an antioxidant action.
Saw palmetto extract:
Another active ingredient essential to hair health: saw palmetto. It acts directly on hair loss thanks to its role as an inhibitor of enzymes resulting from hormonal imbalances and causing alopecia.
The + product :
✅A unique combination of active plant ingredients
✅1 month cure
✅Also fights against hair loss
During the life cycle of hair, which lasts between 3 and 6 years, hair is subjected to many constraints: pollution, stress, seasonal changes, etc. All these factors, coupled with age or physiology, can weaken the hair fiber and promote hair loss.
All these factors, coupled with age or physiology, can weaken the hair fiber and promote hair loss.
We have therefore designed a unique formula without animal substances that not only promotes growth but also fights against hair loss.
The main active ingredient: Biotin
In this formula, we have combined Biotin (vitamin B8) extracted from basil, with other nutrients, recommended for their benefits on hair.
Biotin is particularly interesting for its role in hair growth. It will accelerate the renewal of cells and hair follicles and participate in the metabolism of lipids and the synthesis of amino acids, necessary for the hair fiber.
These properties of Biotin have been the subject of numerous studies which have validated this.
A unique combination of active ingredients
In this beauty formula, we have also selected the most effective active ingredients for the health and beauty of hair. All of them are present in dosages that are effective from the very first days of the treatment
When should we take the vegetable Biotin supplement?
It is preferable to take your Biotin capsules during a meal, for a good absorption. (Preferably away from tea or coffee).
How many capsules ?
This supplement is intended for adults. It is advised to take 2 capsules per day.
How to take the capsule ?
The Biotine Vegetal is a food supplement in capsule form. You can take them with a big glass of water.
Duration of a box :
Each pillbox contains 60 capsules, i.e. 1 month of cure.
Precautions to be respected :
Keep out of reach of children, away from heat and humidity.
To be consumed as part of a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Do not exceed the recommended dosage. Do not give to children under 8 years old
Pregnant and breast-feeding women should consult a doctor before taking any supplements.
- 150 mg of Millet
- 150 mg of Saw Palmetto
- 0,055 mg of Biotin
- 150 mg of Brewer's yeast, Methionine and Cystine
- 2,6 mg of Zinc
- 0,025 mg Selenium
Our hair lives a long time (3 to 6 years) and is subjected to many repeated daily aggressions:
These aggressions put our hair to a severe test.
To protect them, it is possible to act through micronutrition with natural ingredients to give them a stronger constitution and better resistance over time.
Keratin and sebum: the basic components of our hair
Our hair is mainly made up (at 90%) of a specific protein: Keratin.
They are also protected by an oily film: Sebum. This is the source of “greasy hair” when it is excessive.
In the hair, keratin is present in several places:
- In the body of the hair shaft in the form of a spiral with exceptional mechanical properties. It is the quality of this spiral that determines the vitality and suppleness of the hair
- In the follicle (the root of the hair) in the form of scales that will later constitute the protective cuticle.
Keratin is a family of proteins composed of 18 amino acids, among which Methionine and Cystine (the sulfur amino acids) play a fundamental role in the helical structure of this molecule in the cortex (the body of the hair).
It is the proper maintenance of this fragile helix structure that gives hair its essential elasticity and resistance properties: a lack of methionine and cystine results in softer, more brittle hair.
It should be noted that Keratin is not soluble in water, but it does have the ability to partially retain water molecules (hence the difference in texture between wet and dry hair).
Sebum is an external oily film that plays an essential protective role for the hair.
It is secreted by the sebaceous glands at the base of the follicle, in the scalp. It is made up of a cocktail of unsaturated lipids, including
- Linoleic acid (Omega 6) helps limit water loss from the hair, while having softening and nutritive qualities.
- Gamma-linolenic acid (Omega 3), in addition to maintaining hair elasticity, has anti-inflammatory properties: it calms irritations.
- Oleic acid (Omega 9) has nourishing qualities for the hair, making it softer and more supple, but also more radiant.
The other components of our hair
The other components of hair (a little less than 10%) are minerals.
Zinc and Selenium are particularly useful (as well as Iron) for the hair’s resistance and protection against oxidative stress.
Zinc is a good catalyst (gas pedal) for the synthesis of Keratin.
What about vitamins? Are they really useful for hair?
It is tempting to say that all vitamins play a positive role in hair and scalp health.
However, it is important to highlight vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) and Biotin (vitamin H or B8) which act directly as cofactors for the synthesis of Keratin.
Hair growth seems to be particularly improved with adequate blood levels of Biotin. On the other hand, a lack of Biotin is quickly noted in the greater fragility of the hair.
Hair loss: a very specific phenomenon
The life cycle of a hair lasts from 3 to 6 years on average and includes 3 distinct phases:
- The anagen phase or hair growth phase, at a rate of 0.3 mm/day and represents more than 90% of the total duration of the cycle;
- The catagen phase or resting phase of the hair before it falls out (duration: about one month)
- The telogen phase: this is the hair loss phase where the hair is progressively expelled from the hair bulb.
The processes of hair loss and hair growth are not directly linked: each hair that falls out is not systematically replaced.
The balance between the two phenomena depends on multiple internal and external factors, in which sex hormones play a major role.
The internal factors that influence hair loss are :
- On the one hand, genetics and age determine hair color, the number of hair cycles and the gradual slowing of hair growth.
- On the other hand, hormonal balance:
Female estrogens promote hair growth while male testosterone increases hair loss, especially its derivative DHT (Dihydrotestosterone). These hormonal variations explain for example:
- The increase in hair in pregnant women (increase in the production of estrogen) and their more important fall after childbirth because of the fall in the level of blood estrogen;
- The frequent baldness in men (androgenic alopecia) due to the action of DHT.
External factors that influence hair loss and regrowth are:
- A slight seasonal sensitivity also linked to hormonal variations;
- Micronutrition, which has a direct influence on the constitution of the hair and the vigor of its regrowth, as explained above.
But then, how to act against hair loss?
Unlike micronutrition, which allows for a real improvement in hair quality with a direct rational approach, the possibilities of minimizing the impact of DHT on hair loss are very indirect and without any guarantee of proven results.
Among the natural means that can be considered, Saw Palmetto extract seems to have positive effects.
Two scientific studies have shown a positive impact at the end of a few months of treatment in about 2/3 of the patients followed, but this approach requires confirmation with more concordant results.
- Référence : Morganti P., Fabrizi G., James B., Bruno C. (1998). Effect of gelatin-cystine and Serenoa repens extract on free radicals level and hair growth. J Appl Cosmetol 16 : 57-64.
- Référence : Prager N., Bickett K., French N., Marcovici G. (2002). A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to determine the effectiveness of botanically derived inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase in the treatment of androgenetic alopecia. J Altern Complement Med 8(2) : 143-52