Multivitamins and minerals
Multivitamins and minerals – 60 capsules
Our lifestyles and eating habits do not always allow us to have a sufficient supply of vitamins and minerals.
However, they are essential to our body, all year long.
We have therefore designed a formula with a wide spectrum of vitamins and minerals essential to your daily life!
Each capsule covers the contributions of 17 essential active ingredients, with only one capsule per day!
Take advantage of a 5% discount for 3 identical products purchased!
Free delivery from 60 € of purchase
17 key assets:
Our Multivitamin and Mineral supplement focuses on hard-to-find nutrients in the diet for extended coverage of daily needs.
This formula covers a wide spectrum with optimal dosages of vitamins and minerals to regain and maintain energy and dynamism throughout the day!
Each capsule provides 12 vitamins and 5 minerals:
- 400% of the RDI* for vitamin B 12
- 200% of the RDI* for vitamin D 3
- 100% of the RDI* for vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B9, E, K1 and H
- 100% RQA* for trace elements : Iodine, Selenium, Chromium and Molibdene.
- 25% of the RDI* of Magnesium (of marine origin)
* (recommended daily intake for an adult)
Product highlights :
- A broad spectrum covering the daily needs of the vitamins and minerals concerned
- Enhanced Vit B 12 and D 3 intakes to ensure a satisfactory level for all situations and diets.
- 100% manufactured in France (Rhône Alpes Auvergne)
- Magnesium stearate free
- Eco-responsible: Pill box recyclable by composting and reusable, made from plants and cardboard (without phthalates or endocrine disruptors).
- Vegan: certified by The Vegetarian Society.
- For all from 8 years old
Essential to the proper functioning of the body, vitamins & minerals are not always present in sufficient quantities in the diet.
It is an essential mineral for the proper functioning of the body. It participates in the neuromuscular transmission of nerve impulses and plays an important role in many enzymatic reactions. Its association with vitamin D allows the prevention of osteoporosis. Magnesium also helps to reduce the symptoms of fatigue.
Absent from plant foods, this vitamin must absolutely be supplemented.
It plays a fundamental role in the synthesis of body proteins and in the functioning of the brain and nervous system.
The subcarences in adults result in states of fatigue and nervous fragility.
For young people, pregnant women and the elderly, it is not possible to do without vitamin B12 supplementation equivalent to 100% of daily requirements (adult RDA). Consumer studies (Oxford-Epic, University of Brussels) show that Vegans are significantly deficient in vitamin B12.
Essential for bone calcium fixation is of non-animal origin.
Systematic intake guarantees good ossification, particularly when calcium intake is limited, in winter periods (exposure to the sun allows the body to synthesise vitamin D), and for sensitive populations (young people, the elderly, pregnant women).
The other vitamins:
(A, E, K1 for fat-soluble vitamins, B1, B3, B5, B6, H for water-soluble vitamins) are brought safely because it is difficult to know the actual use of vitamins present in food.
Either because they are degraded by the food preparation process (cooking in particular).
Either because their actual absorption in the intestine is weak and variable (and linked to the presence of certain other parameters: lipids, enzymes, intestinal flora).
With the exception of vitamin B12, the storage of water-soluble vitamins in the body is low, so it is important to have assured daily intakes. When the recommended dose is reached (one capsule/day) there is no risk of hypervitaminosis.
Iodine, Selenium, Molybdenum and Zinc are trace elements present in many enzymatic reactions. Provided as a safety measure for sensitive profiles (young people, seniors, pregnant women), they do not represent any risk of overdosage or renal fatigue at the recommended dose.
When should you take our Multivitamin and Minerals supplement?
1 capsule per day with a glass of water, preferably in the middle of a meal from 8 years of age.
One capsule provides (% RDI*) :
- Magnesium 95 mg (25%) - Vitamins B3: 16 mg (100%) - Vitamins E: 12 mg (100%) - Zinc: 10 mg (100%) - Vitamins B5: 6 mg (100%) - Vitamins B6: 1.4 mg (100%) - Vitamins B2: 1.4 mg (100%) - Vitamins B1: 1.1 mg (100%) - Vitamins A : 0.8 mg (100%) - Vitamins B9: 0.2 mg (100%) - Iodine: 0.15 mg (100%) - Vitamins K1: 75 µg (100%) - Selenium: 55 µg (100%) - Vitamins H: 50 µg (100%) - Molibdene: 50 µg (100%) - Chromium: 40 µg (100%) - Vitamins D3: 10 µg (200%) - Vitamins B12: 10 µg (400%)
All contained in a vegetarian capsule. No additives.
* recommended daily intake
What is a vitamin?
Vitamins are molecules (= specific chemical forms) which have all the following characteristics:
- They are not synthesized by the body and must be provided externally (food, supplementation, or even injection in extreme cases).
- They act on target functions (one vitamin cannot replace another), their deficiency disrupts the proper functioning of the body, sometimes irreversibly when prolonged: this can affect growth, cell renewal or physiological functions.
- They act at very low doses (which is why they are called micro-nutrients).
Each vitamin has an optimal intake range that should be respected (the Recommended Daily Intake (RDI) for the ‘good average dose’, and the MDI for the maximum dose not to be exceeded). These optimal needs have been scientifically studied and there is consensus on these, with rare exceptions (vitamin B12 in particular).
Minerals: what role in the body?
Minerals have two main roles:
Those present in large quantities: calcium, sodium, potassium, magnesium.
They participate directly in the formation of bone tissue and are involved in many physiological processes (muscle contraction, intercellular transport, energy production).
2) Mineral microelements
They have a more focused role on certain functions (a bit like vitamins).
Are present in our formula:
- Iodine, essential for the proper functioning of the thyroid and the synthesis of thyroid hormones.
- Selenium: combined with vitamin E, it is a powerful antioxidant that is also essential for the proper functioning of the immune system, liver and thyroid.
- Chromium is directly involved in the regulation of blood sugar levels.
- Molybdenum is involved in the production of numerous enzymes (physiological facilitators), particularly in the liver, and improves the absorption of iron.
Our Multivitamins: For whom? Why?
The two questions we are most often asked:
“What will your Multivitamin and Minerals do for me?
“How is it different from other products on the market? »
A goal for the entire Argalys Essentiels range: useful and efficient for everyone
Our Multivitamins and Minerals provides a meaningful and rational base of positive vitamins and minerals for all consumers regardless of their consumption habits, age, or lifestyle.
Age, stress, certain pathologies (diabetes, etc.), snacking, the search for sporting performance, etc. are all factors and situations where complementary and often corrective measures will prove useful.
“Our solutions simply facilitate a good dietary balance in all circumstances.”
The formula in a few words
The formula is designed for :
- A daily nutritional balance (one capsule/day) without risk of overdose or even kidney fatigue with a broad spectrum palliating the main weaknesses of an imperfect or deficient diet, whatever the reasons.
- Give a global response to the main deficiencies detected by scientists in the French or Western population.
- In particular, we used the conclusions of the studies: SU.VI.MAX, ESVITAF, Bourgogne, Val de Marne. These studies observe, in a concordant way, that more than 30% of the population has intakes lower than 30 to 50% of the RDI for: vitamins B1, B2, B6, C, D, E, K and magnesium.
- Give a targeted response for plant diets, structurally low in vitamin B12 and Iodine.
- Allow security inputs for :
Vitamin A: our life in front of screens puts a strain on our vision. Vitamin A is not called Retinol for no reason: it contributes enormously to the proper functioning of our eyes.
Selenium: The Selenium content of plants is extremely variable depending on where they were grown and it is impossible in practice to predict the amount of dietary Selenium in a given diet. Its role is very important for immunity.
It should be noted that a moderate excess has no negative consequences on physiology or on antagonisms with other micro-nutrients. The same approach prevailed for Chromium and Molybdenum.
A formula for daily use with the overall goal of better nutrition:
Our Multivitamin and Minerals formula is designed to be consumed every day for a better nutritional balance, in complete safety, without replacing the priority need to consume fruit and vegetables.
That explains why our formula has “Neither Vitamin C nor Iron”…
- Vitamin C: a must in any ‘standard’ multivitamin formula… We did not want our Multivitamins and Minerals to be a brake (or an excuse!) on the consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables. Moreover, there is no point in over-consuming Vitamin C since the excess quantity is eliminated by the urine and therefore requires unnecessary renal effort.
- Iron: Supplementation needs are very specific (vegetarian, menstruation, etc.) and must be measured before any long-term cure: an excess of iron is as harmful as a deficiency. Professional advice is recommended in this case. Iron can also negatively interfere with the absorption of vitamin E and other minerals present in the formula. Argalys Essentiels will offer from the 1st quarter of 2020 an Iron formula, for a specific supplementation.
The formula cannot be labelled organic
Our priority choice of effectiveness and useful vitamins and minerals, at reasonable cost and with one capsule/day, leads us to use active ingredients whose dose is precise and significant: for these reasons, AB certification is not possible. Indeed, to obtain the organic label, more than 95% of the ingredients in the final product must be organic.
Minerals, by their nature, cannot be labelled organic because they are not agricultural products and they represent more than 60% of the mass of each capsule.
Plant extracts do not allow to succeed in the quadruple challenge: broad spectrum / significant dosage / reasonable cost / only one capsule.
Of course, we use natural ingredients (such as vitamin D3 from lichen) whenever possible and compatible with the above objectives.
Our vitamins are completely free of any possible trace of pesticides.
- Our Multivitamin and Minerals formula provides a set of micro-nutrients to facilitate your daily nutritional balance with :
- Magnesium (marine origin)
- Vitamin B12 (dosage adapted for vegetarians and diabetics, without risk for other consumers, no Maximum Daily Dose defined for B12)
- Natural vitamin D3
- Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B5, B3, B5, B6, B9, E, K1, and H (biotin)
- Essential Oligo elements: Iodine, Selenium, Chromium and Molybdenum.
Selected Bibliography :
1. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3847730/ “Although both natural and synthetic forms of Vitamin C are also bioavailable in humans, dietary intake of Vitamin C is preferable because it is associated with the concomitant ingestion of many other macro and micro elements that will provide additional health benefits. Numerous epidemiological studies have shown that increased fruit and vegetable consumption is associated with a decreased incidence of stroke, coronary heart disease, and other chronic diseases. /… »
2. Micro-nutrient antagonisms and medication – Swiss Medical Journal https://www.revmed.ch/RMS/2012/RMS-344/Statut-en-vitamines-et-en-oligo-elements-impact-des-medicaments
3. Mineral metabolisms and antagonisms https://prmarchenry.blogspot.com/2015/02/absorption-des-mineraux.html
4. Copper sulphate in organic farming https://www.quechoisir.org/actualite-agriculture-biologique-le-cuivre-sur-la-sellette-n60934/