Immuno Tonus Bio
A high quality natural solution, certified Organic, to improve the body’s tonic and immune response – 60 capsules
Take advantage of a 5% discount for 3 identical products purchased!
Free delivery from 60 € of purchase
- Acerola titrated in Vitamin C (150% of the Recommended Daily Allowance for 3 capsules)
- Astragalus (extract titrated at 20% polysaccharides)
- Ginseng (extract 5 times more concentrated than the original plant)
The Immuno Tonus Bio supplement is designed to help the body react to external stresses, with a synergistic association of 3 plants and two essential oils renowned for their adaptogenic properties.
The term “adaptogen” is used to characterise plants that increase the organism’s response to external aggression, caused by an infectious agent or of another nature, by stimulating certain natural defence mechanisms.
This stimulation preventively increases the body’s chances of reacting correctly.
Highly complementary assets :
- Vitamin C :
Vitamin C is very much involved in general adaptation reactions to stress of all kinds, including viral origin. With 3 capsules per day (preferably in 3 separate doses for all-day action), Immuno Tonus provides 150% of the adult NRV in vitamin C.
- Astragalus root extract :
The Astragalus root is widely used in Chinese pharmacopoeia for its immunostimulant and tonic properties. Its spectrum of action is very broad (anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti- ageing) but its action is especially recognised in the prevention of certain respiratory diseases (colds or flu).
- Extract of Ginseng :
Ginseng is renowned for its energising and stimulating virtues, very useful for the effectiveness of the formula. It is the reference adaptogenic plant.
- Two essential oils :
Grapefruit and Eucalyptus Essential Oils contribute to the adaptogenic action and relieve respiratory discomfort (decongestant and antitussive).
Who can take the Immuno Tonus Bio supplement?
Argalys Essentiels ImmunoTonus is designed for everyone from 12 years of age (see precautions for use below). It does not contain any ingredients subject to allergen declaration.
How many capsules per day?
Dosage: from 1 to 3 capsules per day from 12 years of age, to be modulated according to the risks and physiological state (e.g. in case of fatigue or during the winter period: 3 capsules/day).
Precautions for use :
This product is not a medicine and is not a substitute for a varied, balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle.
Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
Keep out of reach of young children. Pregnant or breast-feeding women: seek the advice of your doctor before taking (presence of Astragale).
Storage: at room temperature (15/22°c) in a dry place.
Adaptogenic plants to improve the body’s tonic and immune response.
Argalys Essentiel Immuno Tonus: a synergistic association of 3 plants and two essential oils renowned for their adaptogenic properties.
- Reminder on the notion of “adaptogenic plant”.
An adaptogenic plant increases the body’s capacity to react to the various stresses that attack it.
The Russian medical toxicologist Nicolaï Lazareva defined this concept to characterise the action of plants such as ginseng: an adaptogenic plant generally (non-specific) increases the resistance and reaction of the organism in the event of external aggression: their effectiveness has been proven, even if the mechanisms of action are not always completely identified.
In traditional Chinese medicine, an equivalent concept also exists: “superior tonics“, which regulate various functions and increase energy, promoting overall health without treating specific diseases.
Traditional practice and numerous studies have shown that Ginseng and Astragalus have these adaptogenic properties.
Our Immuno Tonus Bio formula also associates Organic Acerola, dosed in vitamin C and two essential oils (Eucalyptus & Grapefruit).
With an intake of 300 mg / day * of Astragalus extract titrated at 20% polysaccharides (to guarantee a constant and high quality), Astragalus is the mainstay of this formula.
The Astragalus root is widely used in the Chinese pharmacopoeia for its immunostimulating and tonic properties, under the name of “Huang Qi“, which can be translated non-literally as “which increases energy” because of its tonic and energising action.
Astragalus is mainly known to contribute to the physiological anti-infectious and anti-allergic mechanisms and to act as an energiser.
The root of the plant is rich in polysaccharides, saponins and flavonoids.
- Astragalus has immunostimulant properties
Several components of the astragalus have shown an action of the root on strengthening the immune system.
Certain anti-viral properties against respiratory diseases have been reproduced in in vitro studies. In this study, it was highlighted that Astragalus contributed to the multiplication of B cells.
These B cells are also called “B lymphocytes”. They are particular white blood cells that belong to the lymphocyte family, cells that have a major role in the immune system.
B lymphocytes, synthesised in the bone marrow, circulate in the blood to participate in the body’s natural defences. They are responsible for humoral immunity and produce immunoglobulins called antibodies that help fight a specific infectious agent.
- The constituents of astragalus have antioxidant properties and are beneficial against tissue ageing.
Recently explained, these effects are due to an action on the maintenance of telomeres. Astragalus slows down the degradation of telomeres (this is the end of the chromosomes, which degrades with each cell division.
- Astragalus is traditionally used in frail adults (chronic illnesses) and the elderly for its toning virtues.
It should be noted that due to a lack of sufficient data, the use of Astragale is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Ginseng (panax) is the reference adaptogenic plant.
Native to East Asia, this plant is one of the oldest medicinal plants. The term ginseng comes from the Chinese words Gin, which means “man”, and Seng, which means “essence”.
Its generic name Panax comes from the Greek words Pan, which means “all”, and Akos, which means “to heal”.
Ginseng is a ‘star’ of phytotherapy, its energising and stimulating virtues are universally recognised and are very useful for the effectiveness of the IMMUNO TONUS formula.
Stimulating properties :
- Numerous tests show that ginseng can stimulate the immune system :
- In subjects vaccinated against influenza, standardized extracts of Asian ginseng and American ginseng significantly reduced the risk of contracting a respiratory infection compared to
- It increases phagocytosis, stimulates the production of T and B
B lymphocytes secrete antibodies, molecules capable of specifically recognising an antigen, while T lymphocytes directly destroy contaminated cells. However, it is very often the case that T and B lymphocytes work together in the body’s immune defence.
The Immuno Tonus Bio supplement provides the daily equivalent of 620 mg of plant powder (120 mg of extract 5/1 for 3 capsules).
Acerola Organic Titrated in Vitamin C
For Immuno Tonus Bio, we have chosen acerola as a source of vitamin C.
The acerola is a fruit very rich in Vitamin C (L ascorbic acid) and the titration of the extract makes it possible to provide a precise and known dose (150% of the adult NRV/day in our case).
Properties, specific interest in the formula :
Vitamin C is very much involved in general adaptation reactions to stress of all kinds, including viral origin. Vitamin C is particularly involved :
- In the synthesis of ‘interferons’, messenger proteins that alert the immune In case of external aggression, a strong and quick signal is obviously desirable, vitamin C contributes to this.
- In the increase of the activity of phagocyte globules and the multiplication of T lymphocytes.
- Vitamin C increases the mobility of It promotes lymphocyte differentiation and the production of immunoglobulins.
Vitamin C is soluble in water (water-soluble) which explains why it is little stored (1.5 to 2 grams throughout the body) because it is easily eliminated in the urine (excess vitamin C is obviously even more so).
Frequent intake is more interesting than a high unit dose:
- The absorption of the average unit doses (from 20 to 100 mg /dose) is very correct, of the order of more than 80% (mechanism of ‘active’ absorption).
- As the dose increases, this active mechanism decreases (absorption becomes ‘passive’). Absorption decreases by 50%. The effectiveness of high unit doses is therefore much lower than that of more frequent moderate
It is the regularity and frequency of Vitamin C intake that gives the body the best defence assets, which is why we recommend taking it at intervals throughout the day.
The recommended dietary allowance (or ANC- source :ANSES) for vitamin C is 110 mg/day for adult men and women, and 120 mg/day for pregnant women and people aged 75 or over (healthy individuals).
Grapefruit Essential Oil
This essential oil is renowned for its energising and stimulating properties.
Grapefruit essence is recommended to restore “pep”, tone and vigour. Clinically, it has been shown to activate the sympathetic system, the system that keeps us alert and allows us to mobilise the energy we need to face different situations in life.
Grapefruit essence significantly improves performance during a physical task, and restores vitality in the event of loss of form, fatigue, slight depression, when you feel like you lack punch, motivation, etc.
Eucalyptus Essential Oil
The Eucalyptus Essential oil is widely used to relieve respiratory discomfort through its expectorant, decongestant and antitussive properties.
Its use as a dietary supplement is known to treat inflammation of the respiratory tract, bronchial tubes and throat, but also to help relieve fever and asthma symptoms.
Note about essential oils: essential oils are not harmless products because they are highly concentrated. We have retained minimal dosages (1 mg of each oil per capsule), sufficient to contribute to the general effectiveness of the formula while remaining at a safe level for everyone. The two oils selected have no particular restrictions for use at these doses.
Note about plant extracts: extracts are more concentrated than raw plant powder. The extracts used in the formula are Hydroalcoholic (astragalus) or Aqueous ‘ 5/1’ Dry Extracts, which means that 1 Gr of extract is equivalent to 5 Gr of dry plant.
Read the labels!! Products based on plant powders are obviously much cheaper than those based on concentrated extracts.
- Acerola Organic Titrated in Vitamin C
- National Agency for Food, Environmental and Occupational Health Security. Updating the PNNS benchmarks: development of nutritional references. Maisons-Alfort: ANSES; 2016. https://www.anses.fr/fr/system/files/NUT2012SA0103Ra -2.pdf
- Schlienger J-L. Nutritional requirements and recommended intakes: adults, pregnant women, elderly people, sportsmen. In: Nutrition clinique pratique: Elsevier Masson; 2014. p. 43-56
- Fain O. Vitamin C deficiency and scurvy. mt 2013;19(3):179-88. https://has-sante.fr/upload/docs/application/pdf/2018- 04/argumentaire_vitamine_c_vd.pdf
- WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION. Radix Astragali. WHO Monographs on Selected Medicinal Plants. 1999World Health Organization.
- DENZLER KL et al. Regulation of inflammatory gene expression in PBMCs by immunostimulatory botanicals. PLoS One. 2010 ; 5 : e12561
- SHAHZAD M et al. The Antioxidant Effects of Radix Astragali (Astragalus membranaceus and Related Species) in Protecting Tissues from Injury and Disease. Curr Drug Targets.2016 ; 17 : 1331-1340.
- JAGER K, WALTER M. Therapeutic Targeting of Telomerase. Genes (Basel).2016 ; 7 https://santescience.fr/astragale/#:~:text=En%20m%C3%A9decine%20traditional%20c hinese%2C%20use%20of%20the astragal,this%20plant%20on%20the%20brain. https://www.iesv.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Lettre-IESV-Astragale.pdf
- Natural Standard Monograph – Astragalus. https://naturalmedicines.therapeuticresearch.com/databases/food,-herbs-supplements/professional.aspx?productid=963. 3-6-2015.
- Scaglione F, Cattaneo G, et al. Efficacy and safety of the standardised Ginseng extract G115 for potentiating vaccination against the influenza syndrome and protection against the common cold [corrected]Drugs Exp Clin Res 1996;22(2):65-72.
- McElhaney JE, Gravenstein S, et al. A placebo-controlled trial of a proprietary extract of North American ginseng (CVT-E002) to prevent acute respiratory illness in institutionalized older adults. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004 Jan;52(1):13-9. Erratum in: J Am Geriatr Soc. 2004 May;52(5):following 856.
- Kang S, Min H. Ginseng, the “Immunity Boost”: The Effects of Panax ginseng on Immune System. Journal of Ginseng Research. 2012;36(4):354-368. doi:10.5142/jgr.2012.36.4.354
- Yang G, Yu Y. Immunopotentiating effect of traditional Chinese drugs–ginsenoside and glycyrrhiza polysaccharide. Proc Chin Acad Med Sci Peking Union Med Coll. 1990; 5(4):188-93.